【Trade Name】Dingxiang (powders)
【Origin】Dry flower buds of Eugenia caryophyllata Thunb.
【Description】Reddish dark brown, powders.
【Indications】Abdominal pain, hiccup, nausea and vomiting; Erectile dysfunctiona (ED); Chronic gastritis and gastric ulcer; Tooth pains.
【Dosage and Administration】1g per adult orally, 1～2 times daily.
【Precautions】Administrated not with TCMP YuJin.
【Packages】Box containing 10 bags with 1g each.
【Storage】Store in cool and dry place.
【Executive Standards】[Pharmacopoeia of the People's Republic of China] Part I and Part IV
【Bioactive Constituent Studies】
1. Volatile oil and phenolic compounds：
2. Triterpenoids and flavonoids, etc.
1. Exciting cerebral cortex and central nervous systems;
2. Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory;
3. Antitussive and expectorant;
1. Aqueous exact studies：
(1) The amount of aqueous exacts (at 37 oC) for the product could be increased by ～10%;
(2) The amount of eugenol,( C10H12O2) in the aqueous exacts could be improved by ～20%;
(3) The HPLC profiles of the product were identical with origin.
2. Stability study: This study indicated that the product validity could reach more than 60 months.